Latest Artist :

Snoop Dogg Changes His Name to Snoop Lion




Snoop-Dogg-Changes-His-Name-to-Snoop-Lion







Snoop Dogg is recognized as an iconic entertainer in the music industry, but after soul searching in Jamaica it appears that his notorious rapper persona could be tamed.





On Monday (July 30), the 40-year-old performer attended a press conference for his new reggae album "Reincarnated" where he told awaiting reporters that after spending time in the tropical nation he underwent a spiritual rebirth, which led Rastafarian priests to change his name to Snoop Lion.





The "Gin and Juice" rapper further explained the transformation saying, "I have always said I was Bob Marley reincarnated,” adding, “I feel I have always been a Rastafari. I just didn’t have my third eye open, but it’s wide open right now.”





In his new documentary, which accompanies the album, Snoop steps away from performing and explains, "I had enough of that. It’s not appealing to me no more… I’m ‘Uncle Snoop’ in rap. When you get to be an uncle, you need to find a new profession so you can start over and be fresh again.”





Check out the trailer for "Reincarnated" below and be sure to take a listen to the first single "La La La" off of his new island-themed album, which is available on iTunes now.







Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Art mix - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger