Latest Artist :

Amber Portwood Begins Five-Year Prison Sentence



Amber-Portwood-Begins-Five-Year-Prison-Sentence







Teen Mom Amber Portwood was transported to Indiana's Rockville Correctional Facility Wednesday, a spokesman for the state's Department of Corrections tells Us Weekly.





For approximately two weeks, Portwood, 22, will undergo a "diagnostic and evaluation period," during which a specific placement decision will be made, the spokesman explains.





"She won't have any [visitors] here at Rockville," he added, though she "can receive mail." (Portwood will be able to have regular visitors once she is settled into her permanent placement.)





On June 5, a judge re-imposed his original, five-year sentence on the reality star after she chose to give up a court-ordered drug rehabilitation program (which was initially offered to her as a way to avoid serving time, following a December 2011 drug arrest.)





In an interview with ABC News the next day, Portwood explained her shocking decision to give up the rehab program and head to prison instead.





"In my situation, I felt in the program there were a lot of eyes on me. And it was very uncomfortable. I was not using my anti-psych medication, even," she shared. "I was very depressed, all alone, all bitter at everyone. I felt like that wasn't the life I wanted to live, I felt like I'd rather do my time and get it over with."





Portwood made it clear she understands the program itself wasn't at fault.





"It wasn't just the program, it was the fact of being alone. It was personal," the mom to Leah, 3, revealed. "Being alone, feeling like you're hopeless, you have nothing, feeling like an addict, and you're never going to change, even though in your mind you're working so hard. But every time you get to court it's not good enough."





She also had a shocking admission: she recently tried to take her own life, nearly one year after her first suicide attempt in June 2011. "The depression took over," Portwood said of taking thirty Suboxone in three days. "I had more than addiction problems. I had . . . mental problems too."





Her daughter with on-again off-again boyfriend Gary Shirley will be looked after, as he currently has custody of their child. "We'll still have a relationship," she revealed. "We still do."





Portwood also shared her plans to get her life back on track while she serves her time. "I'm not just going to sit," she assured viewers. "I'm going to substance abuse classes. I'm going to get my GED."








Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Art mix - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger